I know these are discontinued and I would do well not to use them, but....

The company I work for has 3 of them laying around and they want me to build
a test network using them.

I've been playing around with one and I can't seem to save the running
config?!

I've read the software config documents on cisco.com and tried both copy run
start and write mem.

Both say they are building the config and then [ok].

c4224#copy run start
Destination filename [startup-config]?
Building configuration...
[OK]
c4224#

(then just for the heck of it):

c4224#write mem
Building configuration...
[OK]
c4224#

Now if I reload or power cycle the c4224 it doesn't save the config.

It just askes me if I want the initial config dialog and the prompt goes
back to "gateway".

Also, when I create vlans they don't show up in the "show vlan" command. But
that's another issue I guess.

Any way, has anyone else had problems saving their configs on a c4224?

-Bobby