Yes, I find it to be a very good practice.. you should also activate the
"aggressive" mode. Normal UDLD takes 90 seconds to bring down a UDLD link.
Aggressive mode will bring it down in 15 seconds. Here is a good link on
"Best Practices" for Catalyst Switches..

http://packetstormsecurity.nl/defcon10 MoreInfo
BestPracticesforCatalyst4000,5000and6000SeriesSwit.pdf

-Sal