Van: E. Keith J. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: dinsdag 12 augustus 2003 19:38
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: Line Redundancy [7:73931]

Hi all,

     I need some Line or Internet redundancy for a relatively small network.
We currently have a SDSL line from speakeasy which resells Covad.

     I need another type of line that would remain up if this line went down
as it recently did. Now they believe me about redundancy!
To my understanding it is really difficult to get different connections in
the last mile? From the CO to the site.
Nonetheless any redundancy is better than absolutely none.

     I think T1 is a choice as it is logically different. Still may not
protect me in the last mile but better than nothing. The T1 would become
the primary connection with the SDSL becoming the backup. Id like to use a
515 to bring in both lines.

     A phone line would not meet the requirements needed.

I understand having a ASDL line and SDSL line would use different hardware.
This would be a choice if I cannot get the dollars for the above.
We are still a small company. Maybe 50 employees, but growing.

what other choices might I have? I'm in the California bay area if that
helps.

Thanks

Keith J.
http://shop.groupstudy.com