How do all incoming routes/gateway branchoffice routes look?

Martijn

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Robert Kimble [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: donderdag 14 augustus 2003 16:57
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: hsrp and icmp redirects [7:73972]

Ok.

I'll try to explain what happened as best as I can.

We have two 6509's each with an msfc and until last night we were only using
the msfc on one of them.

Last night I brought up the second msfc and set up hsrp between the two.

everything worked great here in the office last night. However, this morning
our branch offices had no connectivity to us.

My boss went in and turned off icmp redirects on the vlan interfaces on the
second msfc and everything was fine.

1. I thought icmp redirects were disabled automatically when you configure
hsrp on an interface.

2. How did turning off the redirects fix the problem? (I would ask my boss
but I probably look bad enough).

Any way.

Please let me know if you need more info to answer this question.

-Bobby
http://shop.groupstudy.com