Hi,
I know that in OSPF, router id is not necessary. The interface iP address
that's selected to be router id doesn't even need to run OSPF. How about in
other routing protocols? For example EIGRP and BGP. What role does router-id
play in these protocols? I know that it selects the highest loopback
interface IP as router-id if not manually configured, so if EIGRP is not
running on this chosen loopback interface, does it still work? Thanks!

Also, which protocols actually have a "router id" field in its hello packet?
I know OSPF does but I can't find information about EIGRP.

thanks a lot!