In a straight comparison, doing the NULL route is
handled more efficiently on the router as its just standard
L3 forwarding.  If you do an ACL instead, the router has to
do additional processing on the packet.

If you're running something like a GSR or 7609 and the right
LC where ACLs are handled in ASICs, then is probably doesn't
matter which approach you use.

I don't see configuration complexity being sufficiently
more complicated in either case so thats a push.

Depending on your network requirements and topology, ACLs
might be better as you can check src and dst.  The null routes
will only catch the traffic based on dst.

With Null routing, you can confirm the routing is operating
via a show ip route and few simple pings.  Doing the same sort
of verification when using ACLs to block might be more difficult
(depending on where you put the ACLs).