Everyone,
                I have found the solution. It was to do with my phones. If
you connect a non US phone to port 0 it wont work :) Here is a url that
might help anyone else in the future.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094fac.shtml
The information under Pinout Information
Port 0 on a VIC-2FXS is designed to accommodate a US style 2-line phone,
instead of the usual European style 1-line phone.

This means that in addition to pins 3 and 4 being used, pins 2 and 5 are
also monitored. With some phone handsets it is possible that pins 2 and 5
are wired up to allow last number re-call or call-forwarding. If this is the
case, Port 0 on the VIC will assume you have a 2-line phone, and shutdown
port 1.

Hope this helps

John

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]