Hi,
I am sorry for such long E-mail, but I have to figure out this for work and
don't know anyone to ask.  While searching Internet found this forum.

I am a CCNA and have been working with routers and switches for over 4
years, but recently at work was introduced to Cisco load Balancing switch
11500.

This is a situation where I don't really have time to learn ..just need to
do it.

I hope, someone in this list can help me to figure this out.

Here is the scenario:

Client sends  a request to the web server ( public url) , web server has two
other  servers ( with the application running) that he sends the requests
to.

The task is to make the CSS balance load these two app. server , but when
the request comes to one server make it stay there until the session is
over.

The Cisco consultant was hired previously to help  with the configuration.
He configured web service and the apps service.
Two application servers that need to be load balanced are parts of the apps
service.

He used arrow-point advanced load method.. here is how it specified in the
content rule for the apps service.

Ex:
Owner Boston
     Content APPS
      VIP address x.x.x.x                for the apps servers belongs to web
server's subnet.
       Protocol TCP
       Port 80
       URL "/*"
       Advanced-balance arrowpoint-cookies
       Active

The initial request comes from client to the web server and web server
passes the request to CSS ( that how this Internet application works).  CSS
needs to load balance request between two application servers to process the
request.

The persistent part works o'k.  When the request comes from the web server
to CSS it returns the Arrowpoint cookie to one of the application servers
and stays there until the session is over.  No problem,,  should be that
way...

The problem is that the next brand new request comes to the same server, and
then next new request again to the same server...

Then randomly, next time it can go to the other server and all the new
connections again to that server...  So it's not really load balancing
between two servers

What needs to be added?    I wasn't present when this consultant was doing
final testing and I was told that it worked.

Now, it doesn't.  Show configs are the same with what he put in...  What can
I check ? Why it's not doing balancing ...

At first I thought that it should come from different clients, but it really
doesn't matter as all requests come to web server first and them should go
to different app servers from the same web server.  So during this testing ,
I was initiating requests from the web server itself.

I really need help...   I need to present a solution after labor day
weekend...

Thank you in advance if anyone can help.