Sorry, but that sounds too much like the joker on the Yahoo group, which I
had to quit because it was so full of mis-information.  There was this guy
who was adamant that packets coming into the router were effected by the
outgoing access-list.  "Very few people understand ACLs correctly" or
something similar he said.  "Try it yourself, you will see!"  I don't know
how many people's time he wasted on that fiasco.

There is no "mathematical" reason.  Yes, 127 is 0x7f, and 01111111, and the
answer to everything is 42 (101010).  It looks neat, but it has no
significance.  Why was 45.0.0.0 assigned to InterOp, of all people?  Why
does InterOp even need a Class A address, let alone any public addresses
whatsoever?  Why do some Hospitals insist on using the 45/8 network
internally because there is only a potential for conflict once a year (or so
they think)?  And is the moon made of cheese?

So what say you, "friends" on the Cisco list?  Am I just clueless and there
is a "mathematical" reason?  I mean, I know about 20 programming languages,
including several assembly languages for various processors, and I can't
think of a valid reason or any benefit for choosing 127 as the loopback
address.  It's not like a compare and branch instruction is going to be any
faster if the number is 2130706433 (127.0.0.1 as a 32-bit number) or not.

Fred Reimer - CCNA

Eclipsys Corporation, 200 Ashford Center North, Atlanta, GA 30338
Phone: 404-847-5177  Cell: 770-490-3071  Pager: 888-260-2050

NOTICE; This email contains confidential or proprietary information which
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please
notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer.

   There is a mathematical reson for this and very few people know abt it ,
please try to speak to your friends to find out
Bani