Is is a truly unmanaged switch that can not be addressed whatsoever, or is a
switch that can be assigned an IP address and managed, but just hasn't been
done yet???  I believe that 99.44% of Cisco switches are all manageable
(have a MAC associated with them).  Persausions and dissausions for this
statement are welcome...

Cheap and easy rule of thumb...if it supports SNMP, it has a MAC address.

As to how to determine the MAC....show interface on the newer switches, or
on CATOS switches, show module (shows addresses for a module), and show mac
to view MAC addresses of whatever is connected to a particular port).

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]