>I'm not very familiar with the 1721 routers and while I'm researching them
>wanted to get some opinions. Isn't the 1721 really just a baby 2600 with a
>slighly smaller processor and no network module slot? Are there any other
>significant differences between them?
>
>We've been using 2600, and later the 2620XM, but we've recently got rid of
>the need for a network module, leaving us with a current need of one WIC.
It
>seems like a waste of money to buy a 2620XM if we're only going to pop a
>WIC-2T into it.  :-)
>
>I'm sure there's a performance hit, but it's not like I'm trying to drive
>DS-3 with this thing. I'll need a T-1 connection, a low-speed serial
>connection, and fast ethernet. Nothing too fancy.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>John

Once again, I'm replying to my own message. After further review, according
to the Cisco Software Advisor the 1721 is fairly handicapped compared to the
2600XM platform. I don't know that I'm willing to lose that much potential
functionality. Heck, according to Software Advisor the 1721 doesn't support
ISL or 802.1Q vlans! In my book that makes it a non-starter.

John