What does show CDP nei give you?

If you recieve

Router#show cdp neighbors
% CDP is not enabled
This is self explainatory
The CDP run command should solve that.

If you get this then maybe your remote router does not have CDP enabled

Router#show cdp neighbors
Capability Codes: R - Router, T - Trans Bridge, B - Source Route Bridge
                  S - Switch, H - Host, I - IGMP, r - Repeater

Device ID        Local Intrfce     Holdtme    Capability  Platform  Port ID
Router#

Also remember that CDP is a non-routable protocol so only directly connected
neighbors are shown

Also remember that CDP can be disabled on a per interface basis
HTH I know that I might be stating the obvious here.