If you have flow control turned on, turn it off. What are your other
terminal settings? For the 2500 series I believe you should be set to 9600,
8-bit, No parity, 1 stop bit. Some Cisco devices request that you use two
stop bits so you might try that as well, but my guess is that it's a flow
control problem.

Regards,
John

>>> Johan Bornman 9/9/03 9:19:56 AM >>>
I don't get any response when configuring a 2500 series router (no key
strokes) through Hyper Terminal, 3 2500's doing the same thing. When I
restart the router by resetting it I can see the boot process fine. Any
ideas?

Thanks in advance.

"This e-mail may contain confidential information and may be legally
privileged and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you may not use,
distribute or copy this document in any manner whatsoever. Kindly also
notify the sender immediately by telephone, and delete the e-mail. When
addressed to clients of the company from where this e-mail originates ("the
sending company ") any opinion or advice contained in this e-mail is
subject
to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable terms of business
or
client engagement letter . The sending company does not accept liability
for
any damage, loss or expense arising from this e-mail and/or from the
accessing of any files attached to this e-mail."

"At present, the integrity of e-mail across the Internet cannot be
guaranteed and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.  The
recipient should scan any attached files for viruses.  All liability
arising
as a result of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
e-Innovation is excluded to the extent permitted by law."
http://shop.groupstudy.com