        From:   Chuck Larrieu [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, August 09, 2000 11:43 AM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        RE: enable security features with Cisco IOS using
CBAC

        Funny you should mention this.

        CBAC is one of the components of the MCNS specialty and one of the
strong
        features of the IOS security now. I've read a bit in the Held and
Hundley
        book Cisco Access Lists Field Guide. Now that I have the means to do
so, I
        have been contemplating how to demonstrate CBAC to interested
parties in a
        way that can help al of us learn a little more. I'd like to be able
        demonstrate something other than ping and traceroute tests. Maybe if
someone
        has a telnet host we can use?

        Telnet_Host-----internet------My_Router/with CBAC---|
                                       |------------Another_Router/telnet
into
        it?and then telnet into the cbac router?

        If the Cisco chat room is available, we can use that as a classroom
of
        sorts.

        Contact me off line to hash out some ideas for this.

        Chuck