From: Evan You [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 10:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Network Drawing Program

Hi all,

I am in the process of looking for a program that will draw a network based
on a database information.  Basically, I have thousands of circuits mostly
leased lines and FR that I need to draw to do analysis work. I am looking to
diversify as much of the network as possible so there is not a single point
of failure in the network. Currently, we are using a database system that
has all the circuit information but it's very cumbersome to analyze.

If I am able to see the circuits drawn automatically on demand it would be a
lot easier.  For example, if I wanted to see all circuits that went into a
specific sets of common equipment (router, ATM switch, FRADS, MUXES, DXCs)
then I could easily see the single points of failure in a network.

I've looked into Granite Systems but they are too expensive and there is a
limitation on the total numbers of circuits can be drawn at once.

If anyone knows of any other application, I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Evan You - CCNA