From: Mr piyush shah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 7:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Difference between Cisco VPN and PIX Firewall [7:75235]

Hello all
Can I know what is the Cisco PIX and that of a Cisco
VPN 3000 in terms of performance?
As I am planning to implement VPN with either VPN
Concentrator or PIX,however I was told that if you
implement only VPN Concentrator instead of PIX ,then
you may get VPN connectivity but you will not be able
to implement the filtering functionalities which are
required .In case of PIX I may get both VPN as well as
as filtering of unwanted traffic thereby changes of
hacking sessions are less.
Is this true.
I am confised .Kindly help me.
Also which one should consider to be the best scenario
for implementation ?
I am giving the 3 scenario below.If there is any
scenario better than this pls get me know ewith the
pros and cons of that one.Also equest you to know me
the pros and cons of this scenarios also.
aThnaks in advance.

Scenario I         Scenario II       Scenario

     Internet        Internet         Internet

      VPN Concentrator Firewall     Firewall--VPN
       |                |              |  Concntrtr
     LAN               VPN            LAN _____|
                   Concentrator