From: Chee Tong Sim
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 8/10/00 3:58 AM
Subject: Is there a command to test a connection using a specific port

Dear friends,

1)Is there a command to test a connection using a specific port?

I have a X windows client which was removed from segment to another in
the
remote site, the client use specific port to talk to server after the
relocation, the client cannot talk to the server in our site.   But we
can
ping to the client from our site, so we suspect the access list problem

Because there are too many router in between and two back bone switch,
we
checked all access list but nothing found wrong. Is there a cisco
command to
test a connection between two site using specific port??

2) I have a back bone switch with RSM module, so I have two
configuration
file, 1 for router and 1 for switch. I understand the router module but
not
switch module.

Can access-list applied on the switches module?? or is there a way to
block
the specific port connection in the switches module??