I was trouble shooting and issue with a Sun server and
have found an interesting issue.  The admin called and
said they were having a problem getting to certain
network.  In my search to find his issue, which turned
out to be his, ;) I found that his Sun box has a Quad
card installed and that he had not given each
interfaces a unique MAC address.  The two interfaces
had the same MAC but in different subnets.  The 2
interfaces are connected to the same CAT on diff
VLANS.  My gut says this is wrong and that it should
be a problem.  I can't prove if this is causing an
issue.

The Cat is based on a MAC to port mapping.  Wouldn't
the CAT get confused?  No trunking or channeling is
happening.

Any thoughts??

William Swedberg CCNP CCDP