From: "Aderion Brewer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rah Sta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 2:23 PM
Subject: RE: BCRAN Exam Help

I'm the President of a local study group here in Atlanta and we have
chosen
to use book the by Thomas Thomas & Adam Quiggle, ISBN#0072124806 and
have
found it to be the most thorough.  They also include a FAQ following
each
chapter, case studies and at least 20 Q&A for each chapter.  They've
also
broken down the very large chapters into more edible chunks, however,
they
could have taken a suggestion from Cisco press and grouped some chapters
that were related, by Parts I, II, respectfully.  McGraw Hill has done a
good job with this latest series of books for the NP track.

Although we normally use the Cisco Press books, the one that's currently
available by Catherine Paquet (Editor)(August 1999) ISBN#1578700914 is
not
as detailed, namely as it relates to the Q&A.  Following each of their
chapters, you're lucky if you get 3 to 4 questions, covering a lot of
info.
It is the one which closely follows what they are teaching in the
classes,
but mind you they are coming out with another 2nd edition in Oct.
Hopefully, they will have a CD like their CCNA Exam series, W. Odom book
had, to help in the cert. process to gauge your knowledge retention.