Hmmm.  I figured that a bridge group was the router equivalent of a VLAN on
a switch, which is to say that it creates a broadcast domain that spans
multiple interfaces.  This is why I put each subinterface on the trunk port
in a different bridge group - I figured doing this would allow me to then
assign 10/100 ports to the same bridge group and have the whole group act as
a VLAN.  I haven't had a chance to look at the Cisco info you gave me, but I
will first thing tomorrow.

What is the 2948G-L3 equivalent of the spantree portfast command on the
2948G?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

""Jim Rampley"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
004a01c00332$e1a048c0$1b2290d1@dougy">news:004a01c00332$e1a048c0$1b2290d1@dougy...
| Lorenzo,
|
| Well the first thing I'm thinking is that your trunk ports on the
2948-G-L3
| should not be in a specific bridge group.  You might want to look and see
| how spanning tree is looking on both devices.  Show span on the 2948g-L3
and
| show spantree <vlan> on the 2948g.  There are several other show commands
| that are handy.
|
| How long did you wait after plugging the PC in to the port before pinging?
| Spanning tree may not have finished running before you tried to ping.
Give

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/l3sw/2948g-l3/rel_12_0/7wx51