Hi Ron and Karen,
The Catalyst 2926G, 2948G, 2980G, 5000 and 6000 Family use the Set/Clear
based IOS.  The IOS called this because a majority of the commands start
with set, clear, or show.  The cheapest way to get this IOS is to put the
Enterprise Edition IOS on a 2926G.  Many of these are coming off lease so
they are widely available.  I have seen these for about $2500 on e-Bay.  The
2926G looks just like a 5002 and uses the same chassis.    The Enterprise
Edition IOS will work on the 2926G.  Hope this helps you out.  Of you need
more help, feel free to e-mail me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -Sean

Sean Odom, CCNP, MCSE, CNX-EtherII, Author, Instructor
GlobalNet Training Solutions
www.TheQuestForCertication.Com <http://www.TheQuestForCertication.Com>

:
:anyone can explain the differences between cat5 series IOS and the rest of
:cat models?
:what IOS the cat5 is running?
:any lower models which supports the same IOS as cat5 with lower price?
:Is the enterprise version IOS is the same as what cat5 series can provide?
:
: