I've heard many different rumors regarding the CCIE certification and
the benefits and business opportunities associated with it. Beyond the
obvious increase in billable rate, there are numerous rumors I've heard
over the years.
I appreciate any insight into the below mentioned rumors:
1) VARs who have a CCIE or CCIEs on staff can get reduced pricing on
hardware (Silver or Gold Partners).   Therefore, VARs will give CCIEs
percentages of sales because the VAR still can quote the lower price to
the customer.
2) Cisco will give direct referals from customers to independent CCIEs.
3) Along the lines of rumor 2.  Someone told me that Cisco will
guarantee $xxx,xxx.xx worth of referals to independent CCIEs.

Thanks again for your input.  Also any other CCIE myths / facts would be
appreciated.

Peter Diffin, CBI
CCNP, MCNE, MCSE, NNCSS, CCIE written
lab by end of 2000 (hopefully)