just got a new book this afternoon:

Inside Cisco IOS Software Architecture - CCIE Professional Development

authors: Vijay Bollapragada, Russ White and Curtis Murphy

Cisco Press, ISBN 1578701813

From what I have seen this is one to go up with Halabi, Caslow and Doyle.  Not so much of a certification book, as one that covers the inner working of the IOS with particular emphasis on the various switching paths (process, fast, CEF, dCEF) and the like, of which there is very little other documentation available.  Also covers the particulars of some of the more common hardware platforms - 1600, 2500, 3600, 4X00, 7X00 and 12000.

Rather than being a break/fix book, I reckon this is going to be invaluable for peformance degradation-type issues which are invariably harder to track down than full-on "broken" scenarios.  Seems to cover a lot on the stacks, buffers, memory/cpu usage side of things which once you have a network up and running are the things to monitor to maintain the health of a network.

That's another one for my reading list  ;-)

Andy