At a fairly basic level, take a look at the pings which aren't timing out.  Are
those pings replying quickly, or are they all nearly timing out?
If you're getting bad response from all your pings, look at things like line
quality - as Dave says, check carrier transitions, dropped packets, and also
check for input errors.
If, on the other hand, you are seeing several quick ping responses followed by a
ping that times out, particularly if it is a regular pattern, check your
routing.  If you have multiple routes to a destination, and one of them heads
off into a loop or a black hole, this is what you'll see.

JMcL
---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 16/08/2000 09:00 am

David Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 15/08/2000 10:11:39 pm

Please respond to David Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>