Thanks for the insight.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: McCallum, Robert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 1:07 PM
To: 'wind'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: I am now CCNP 2.0

Only through my own experience, but the CCDA is a complete doddle.  It only
tasks your common sense.  The hard part about it is reading the damn case
studies over and over and over again, so much so that you end up getting
peed off with them and guessing the most correct answer.  The CID (CCDP)
exam however is another matter.  As far as I am concerned this is the
hardest exam you will sit in the CCDP / CCNP qualifications.  The sections
are wide and varied i.e.

Desktop Protocols 25% worth.
Wan Design 25% worth
TCPIP design 25% worth.
SNA design around 8 questions.
Stratacom around 2 - 5 questions.
The rest is made up of piddly little areas (I cant remember exactly).  The
problem is not that the content is exactly unbelievably hard it is that you
have to approach the exam with common sense rather than technical.  Most
questions have at least 2 if not 3 correct answers BUT only 1 is the most
correct answer.  One bit of advice is to treat this exam with respect.

Hope this helps.

RMcC