Title: RE: 802.1Q support on a PCI Ethernet Card?

Intel pro 100+ management ethernet NIC supports vlans with 802.1q tagging which can be used for assigning multiple IP address to single PC but don't install 3com card in the same PC because it causes problems. It runs on windows NT and I am using it for testing. I think you canpick Linux drivers on the net too.

-Kuldip
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2000 12:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 802.1Q support on a PCI Ethernet Card?

Wouldn't it be nice if someone came out with a NIC card for a PC that would
support 802.1Q and allow you to put multiple IP addresses on one computer.
This would be so useful for testing, since one PC connected via trunk to a
switch could simulate multiple machines... you could do pings between one
ethernet subinterface to another through a test network.

If something like this (or close)  is available, please let me know... I'd
buy a dozen.

Arto