From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Erick B.
Sent:   Thursday, August 17, 2000 7:10 PM
To:     Chuck Larrieu; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Using Queing over the Internet

I think he was asking how queuing works over the
Internet in a VPN. This would fall under QoS and to
acheive QoS then it has to be set up properly across
all points from end to end. You may want to look at
MPLS VPNs since MPLS uses traffic shaping/QoS.

Basically, you can have queuing on router A and
traffic going through it will be properly
queued/priortized, etc and then this traffic reaches
router B, C, etc and they have to have similar rules
for queueing/prioritzation else that router/device
will forward the traffic normally. If you're using one
of the newer QoS/Traffic Engineering protocols on your
network then it may be different depending on a number
of things. Note, I'm no guru when it comes to
QoS/TE/MPLS, etc.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/qos_