>hi all,
>
>anyone knows why during lsu (link state update) of ospf why the router uses
>ip addr 224.0.0.6, I know this is a multi-cast address but in particular
>224.0.0.6.
>

>thanks
>
>Jason

RFC 2328, section A.1, page 184.

Seriously, when you are asking why a protocol does something, the RFC
is really the first place to go. I didn't know the specific reference
in the OSPF specification, but a search on 224.0.0.6 quickly found it.

Hint:  OSPF uses two different multicast addresses, and in certain
circumstances unicast addresses.  The underlying idea is what
formally is called "scoping".  A broadcast has a scope that includes
everyone, while an unicast has a scope of one destination.  Think of
circumstances where it would be reasonable to have multicasts with
more restricted scope than broadcasts. Think of protocol messages
that some, not all, OSPF routers need to hear.