I come from a very skeptical world and when something looks the way they do,
I think "fishy".  But they could very well be legit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000 2:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CCIE Written exam material

It doesn't sound fishy so much as it sounds poor... It costs a lot to start
a business these days (having done so recently I know for sure...).

I am sure that they intend to co-locate their own dedicated server somewhere
and buy their own domain, etc. once they get off the ground.

I see nothing wrong with some technical folks getting together and starting
a business on a shoestring. If it never goes anywhere, the loss is minimal,
if it only does moderately well, then at least they have reduced overhead to
a bare minimum. If it takes off wildly, then they can re-invest the profits
and build the business to meet the demand.

I have to say that the sample questions that they show are much like a test
that I once took... Maybe their materials are OK. If you spend $50 bucks and
the materials don't get you through the exam, it won't be the end of the
world. If, however, the materials never show, or turn out to be total crap,
then that's another story, but that could happen with stuff from anybody,
whether or not they own their own domain and web/smtp server.

What they ought to do, though, if they want to instill a sense of confidence
in potential customers, is publish a contact name and address (real physical
address). That way at least people would feel like they could be reasonably
assured some success if they ever had make any kind of complaint about the
service...

Just my cents...

Dale
[=`)