This is somewhat off topic ... I am boning up for BCRAN in a
week or two and I am reading the stuff about protocol translation. For
those who aren't this far yet protocol translation is used for allowing
telnet, x25, and lat sessions to interoperate - LAT is nonrouteable so
its handy to be able to tunnel it over TCP/IP.

        Rather than some boring reading I'd rather just hack on this a
bit and maybe get it running in my lab but I can't find a good linux LAT
client. Does anyone have a suggestion for what package to use? I do have
some FreeBSD boxes available at work as well but I am less familiar with
them. Thanks in advance.

     As an aside, I am relatively old for this certification crowd, I
attended a university that had a tight relationship with DEC, and VAX
11/780 S/N 2 (!) lived in my garage for a while as I parted it out after
Iowa State decommissioned it. I've never used LAT, I've never run a
protocol analyzer on a network with LAT, and I've never talked to anyone
that has used it. Does this stuff still exist in production anywhere in
the world? And more importantly does it ever turn up in any Cisco exam
other than one question on this BCRAN pretest?

--
"Just do the steps that you've been shown
 by everyone you've ever known