TTY 0 is probably where the kernel is running.
if you issue "sh proc cpu", the output shows TTY0 as the owner of the
kernel processes. This might be the reason why TTY starts
with 1 instead of 0.

HTH,

Regards,
Ufuk.

A friendly person lent me access to his 2509, and I am sorry to say that
this is so typical Cisco - why be consistent!!!

The first TTY port is 1, where the first CON, AUX and VTY ports are 0.

Anyway, I hope that someone out there had the same question in mind and now
know the answer.

Take care,

Ole

Quick one:

I am preparing for the BCRAN exam, but I do not have a 2509 to test the
asynchonious lines on, so I cannot check if the first TTY is 0 or 1. I would
assume that TTY is starting on 0 just like CON, AUX and VTY, but I just want
to make sure.

Thanks,

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen