Gday everyone!!!!

Setting up a lab, and following on from my last email about the maximum
throughput using a DCE-DTE cable on a serial port achieving a maximum of
4mbps. (DCE serial port set with clockrate 4000000)

Now....obviously the speed is a little slow, so I decided to buy a second
cable to hook up to the second serial port on both routers and do a little
load balancing.

Having never configured load balancing in this manner before, I went looking
through the cisco site to see what I could find.  The only thing I could
find was "Multilink Via Virtual Template on 2 Serial Interfaces".  I guess
ultimately this will achieve what I am after, but it not the same method of
configuring that I would have used.

Has anyone had any success with loadbalancing 2 serial ports for a lab
environment?

I guess there are a number of issues that come to mind...and if any of you
have any thoughts, experience, or good sites that I could visit, I would be
grateful.

Do I need to setup a lookback address for each router, and assign each
serial port to use ip unnumbered and the ip address of the loopback?  Is
this the best way to get the load balancing to work?

I want permanent load balancing so that the full 8mb is permanently
available to all traffic.  Obviously I need to set the load threshold to 0
or 1 (I cant quite recall which one)?

If I allocate an IP address to each interface, and I am using static
routing...do I need to reallocate the routes to the new interface?

Sorry if some of these questions seem obscure, but you know how it is when
sometimes you are looking so closely at something that you fail to see the
bigger picture.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort

Douwe

Visit our Website : http://www.traveland.com.au

Disclaimer - This message and any attachments are confidential and may contain
privileged information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please notify Traveland Pty Ltd immediately by return
email. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may
not necessarily reflect the views of Traveland Pty Ltd.