I have been tinkering with a 2611 and a 2621 with voice gear and I
am tearing my hair out. I see the claimed bandwidth is 8k plus
'overhead' which the Cisco documentation seems to not want to cover in
detail ... apparently the overhead can be double the size of the data
for a total of 24k/conversation using Cisco's
best codec.

   I've been messing with various low bandwidth configurations and I can
get a solid conversastion through a 28.8 link. If I use header
compression and compress
the link itself it'll run through a 14.4k link. I need to do this for
two AS5300s fully configured with 120 voice ports in each

     I understand what RTP header compression does but I can't use it
because there are multiple hops involved and not everything is serial
links.

  Can anyone point me to some useable information about tuning this
stuff? Cisco's site and Google have proven pretty useless on this topic
... I get the feeling they don't want to talk about it.

--
"Just do the steps that you've been shown
 by everyone you've ever known