I have a cable provider that has major problems all the time.  The
problem is that they occasionally loose the network connectivity.  They
always have us reinitialize the cable modem and get assigned an ip address
and gateway address.  Everything works for about 2 minutes and then we have
to do it all again.  The tail fin 3com modem show proper lights.  However, I
can ping my own address but no longer the gateway everytime.  I then have to
reinitialize (restart) the cable modem and release/renew my dhcp address to
get it working again.  Anyone have a clue. why this is.

Paul