Anyone tried getting an ATM NIC on Windows 2000 to work with an Lightstream
100 and Catalyst 5000 LANE blade?  I suspect Microsoft's lack of backward
compatibility in their Windows 2000 ATM implementation is preventing this
setup from working.  I'm using a Marconi Forerunner LE 155 adapter.

>From what I can find, the LS100 only supports UNI 3.0 and the help files in
W2K says Microsoft's implementation is UNI 3.1.  I tried using both
auto-configured LECS address from the LS100 and using the well known LECS
address (5155 on Cat 5000 being the LECS, LES/BUS, 12.0(9) something code).

If anyone out there has any experience with ATM NICs and Windows 2000
talking to Cisco equipment, let us know your experiences.

Meantime - gotta yank the card out and get it into my other test machine
with NT4 (I know the Marconi drivers for NT4 has a UNI 3.0/3.1 selection
option).  Couldn't get my 3Com 3C339 Token Ring PCI card to work with W2K
either - no drivers.

P/S - It sure feels like Token Ring is dying - with the slowly dwindling
supply of decently supported NICs for it.

Regards,
Adrian