Situation: local 3640 with bri ports present.
Remote office, only router currently present: a 2515 used for a 64k
framerelay connection. I need to connect that office to the local one
with a interim solution (waiting for the real frame relay connection,
couple of months unfortunately since it's international ecc), and was
thinking:

external ISDN Modem with serial port - Aux port un 2515

Bri on our 3640

If the external Isdn modem does have a Hayes "AT" command set emulation
I should be able to configure the 2515 just like if te ISDN adapter was
a normal serial modem, right ? And configure a normal dialer on my local
router on a bri port.
BTW OS are 11.2 on both sides.
The connection will be single channel (64k) only.
Any idea what could go wrong, since one router will really work with a
bri port while the other really will be configured for a serial modem ?
There _should_ be at least a speed problem (as to
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/76/9.html#port_speed the Aux on 2515
seems to be limited to 38400) but I can live with that. However I'm more
concerned with the serial interrupt problem, should I expect high cpu
problems with a 64k frame relay+38400aux link, I'm expecting nothing
else (no access lists, no route maps, static routing, fast switching
everywhere I think) although I don't have (yet) the exact conf.

If this could work, any experience on particular brands/models of
ISDNmodem to avoid/prefer ?

(I'll keep you informed on success/failure anyway)

Thanks
Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Marocchesa, 14         ph  x39-041-5907073