Hi Len -

I honestly don't know if there are really any texts that adequately prepare one for
the CCDA exam.  I used the Syngress book myself, and spent hours coming up with all
sorts of mnemonic devices to help me remember the lists of requirements and procedures
that I thought were going to be on the exam.  When I finally got into the exam, I felt
extremely ill-prepared and was very surprised when I found that I had passed it
(855/1000).

What it boils down to is this: glean whatever you can from whatever book you're using,
and go ahead and take the test when you're done with your study materials, just be
prepared for a *lot* of reading comprehension-type questions, and pace yourself
accordingly.

Best of luck -

Bradley J. Wilson
CCNA, CCDA, CCSE, MCT, CTT

Len Krol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
Does anyone have any suggestions for books to read for the CCDA exam.  I am
currently reading Cisco Press "Designing Cisco Networks", but it kind of
sucks.

Thanx.

len
CCNA