Static routes are defined by the command "ip route prefix mask next-hop", it
goes directly into routing table.
Default route is 0.0.0.0/0, you can define a default route as static route. Some
routing protocol also generate default route dynamically, like OSPF , you can
use "ip default-information " to generate a default route into stub area.