Brian,

Thanks... Would please you enlighten me a litte further?
1. I am not deny any outgoing on the out, so everything
   can go out.
2. Thus, packages incoming the only ones allowed through
   would be the ones originated from the inside (established).
3. The problem that I can see in the protocol analyzer
   is the dns reply to the dns request originated from
   the inside.
   The dns request/reply are ip packages on udp, so I allow
   then through using permit tcp/udp for them.  For some
   reason, the router looks at dns request/reply as ip;
   Hence, permit ip any any would work.  There is no IP
   filtering for dns.

   The samples that I have seen indicate that it should work.
   Access-list that others used seem to work.  I am at a lost
   on this, since the protocol analyzer clearly indicate the
   problem is with the dns reply not able to come back into
   the router.

Anyway, appreciate your comments and comments from anyone
else wish to contribute.  Meanwhile, I will break down the
package see if I can come up with anything.

TIA/Trang

http://www.groupstudy.com