I am aware that access lists have a deny all implicitly applied at the end.
I am also aware that if you enable an access list for http access to the
switch there is also an implicit deny all at the end. But my question is
does this also apply to terminal access list?

I would also like to know the proper syntax to apply this list at the line.
Is this ok?
    myrout (config)# access-class 1 permit 1 172.16.1.3
    myrout (config)# line vty 0 4
    myrout (config-line)# access-class 1 inout

My understanding of the "inout" rather than "in" only is to restrict where
you can telnet once you are in. By adding the "out" where am I restricting
172.16.1.3 ?
Or is it rather that I am allowing 172.16.1.3 to telnet to other device once
I am in the line mode?

A little confused here.