True, good point.

I just put this in my 2501:

clock summer-time time recurring first Sun Apr 2:00 last Sun Oct 2:00

and when I did a sh run, it now says this:

clock summer-time time recurring

Does it know that Apr and Oct are the changeover times
automatically am I still having a layer 8 problem? <g>

Scotty

> On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Scott Nelson wrote:
>
>> Tim O'Brien gave me the dates I needed.
>
> You didn't specify which part of the world you were in, so he probably
> give the dates he would have needed, unless he knows something I don't.
> (And no, I can't say for sure where he is from the dates he gave you,
> except that he appears to be in the Northern hemisphere.)
>
>> The command, just for everyone's knowledge, is:
>>
>> clock Summer time recurring 1 Sun Apr 02:00 4 Sun Oct 02:00
>
> <nitpick>What if October has 5 sundays in it? (as it does this year)
> Shouldn't that be "last sunday october"?
>>
>> In article <8orh84$7k1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]> , [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Scott
>> Nelson") wrote:
>>
>> > Anyone know that actual dates that Daylight Saving Time goes into effect
and
>> > goes back to regular time?

Scott Nelson - Network Engineer
Wash DC     +1202-270-8968 & +1202-352-6646
Los Angeles +1310-367-6646
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]