an NT1 converts the "S/T" interface/reference point to a "U" interface in an
ISDN connection. Basically, you need a U interface to connect to the Telco's
switch. Some routers/modules already offer a built in U interface so you
wouldn't need an NT1 device if this is the case.

Re: TSU, here's a description of a TSU from Adtran's website:

"The ADTRAN TSU is a low cost, full-featured T1-FT1 Data Service Unit/
Channel Service Unit (DSU/CSU). The TSU provides an interface between T1 or
Fractional T1 service and the end user's Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) for
applications such as LAN to LAN bridging, Frame Relay circuit termination
and videoconferencing. The TSU provides access to traditional dedicated
point-to-point T1 services as well as network termination for Frame Relay. "

here's a link to that site: http://www.hardlink.com/Services/tsu.html