Hi gang,
      I have a problem where some routes are getting
SIA. Could anyone help out with a sanity check on my
logic here ?

      I have a number of remote users that are coming
in via a crappy AS5200. They are getting into the
routing table with /32 bit masks, however, the remote
network has been designated a /26 bit mask. Since the
remote users are effectively hub & spoke there is no
feasible successor when the remote user switches off
and hence DUAL is kicked off every time ... NASTY

       Now, my question is how come the users are
infiltrating the EIGRP table with a 32 bit mask ? when
they have been defined on a 26 bit network ?

       I think that the answer lies in the fact that
the AS5200 hasn't got "ip subnet-zero" configured and
an example of a remote user is 137.89.99.33/26 (ip
address changed for security purposes). This is using
the zero subnet.

       So, does this make sense that the AS5200 on not
being able to distinguish the network from the node
portion introduces the address as a /32 ?????????

        This is quite an issue for me currently since
if I am correct in my analysis then it is the AS5200
that will invoke DUAL and since its a pile of crap
that runs at 85% CPU utilisation it sometimes is not
able to deal with the replies and so other more
important networks also get SIA.

Phil.