Hey, I don't write the software. Take it up with them. Here's Cisco's
response to my inquiry on PPPoE a few months ago:

In terms of the 12.1 release notes, PPPoE is supported only on our 6400
series router.  Along the same
line PPPoE over ATM is support (sic) only on the 3600 or higher series
routers.

And if you don't believe it, why don't YOU look it up on Cisco's web site?

91054173ACE8D21186DC0000E88157DF04807B@SIGMA">news:91054173ACE8D21186DC0000E88157DF04807B@SIGMA...