From: "Taylor, Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Vic Feferberg'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 2:37 PM
Subject: RE: cir, bc, be

CIR is the average speed you'll transmit overall. In addition to this, you
can burst (Bc) up to, in your example, another 128K (256K total) for a
predefined period of time (usually about 1 second). Be designates all those
packets above the Bc; these are marked DE and will be discarded if
congestion occurs.

- Don