Intermittent NT logon failures are usually caused by the logon scripts not
being replicated to all domain controllers.  The login scripts need to be on
all domain controllers in the 'Netlogon'
(winnt\system32\repl\import\scripts) share.  Check that first and get back
to us if this was not the problem.