From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Vern Stitt
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 4:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Word wrap - was Re: MCNS (v2.0) questions

I usually copy and paste the two lines into notepad, edit out all the extra
linefeeds, etc and then [CNTRL] A, [CNTRL] C and [CONTRL] V into the URL
address window.

Vern Stitt
CCNA . . . .

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

OK, I'll bite and assume this is a genuine question and not a leg-pull,
since
nobody else seems to have answered it.
Many mail programs will automatically turn a URL into a hot-spot so you can
open
the URL directly from email.  However if the URL is long enough to wrap over
more than one line, usually only the first line is turned into the hot-spot,
so
if you click on it it won't work because it's missing part of the URL.
"Watch the word wrap" just means that if the URL is longer than one line,
you
may need to cut and paste it into your browser.  Otherwise the mailing list
gets
clogged up with comments like "but this URL doesn't work for me"...

I was going to make some smart comment about word wrap being encapsulation
of
words in sentences, but I'm a bit too braindead to think it out properly...

JMcL

---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 08/08/2000
16:30

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 08/08/2000 05:38:15

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]