I know that the subinterface inherit the configuration from the main
interface. But what appends when subinterface is configured and the
interface is not? I'm asking this because i had one problem with one router
and after many changes to the configuration it started working. I've
compared the first configuration and the one running now and the only
difference is:

frame-relay lmi-type cisco
frame-relay ip rtp header-compression

in the serial interface (but these commands were always in the
subinterfaces). By the way, the problem was with low bandwidth in one
serial.