Try layer 1. Hubs and repeateras are purely physical. They don't process
data in any way, shape, or form. All they do is move bits from one port to
another. They are focused on BITS, not packets, segments, or frames. Check
your OSI layer functions.

Bridges and switches are layer 2
Routers and MLS cards are layer 3 & 4 (depending on whether you're
switching/routing by net address or protocol/port)

Karen E Young
ELF Technologies, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Desk:  206-770-4035
Pager:  206-994-4514

                    "Andrew

                    Larkins"             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <alarkins@glo        cc:

                    bal.co.za>           Subject:     Re: Study Materials for CCNP 2.0
Track?
                    Sent by:

                    nobody@groups

                    tudy.com

                    09/07/2000

                    08:18 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Andrew

                    Larkins"

What si wrong with "layer 2 devices" - that is what they are??

00d001c01854$635f8de0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:00d001c01854$635f8de0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

http://www.groupstudy.com/list/Associate-Announcement.html