ciscolab wrote:

> My question really is, what about the IPX traffic? Does this need to
> be mapped to it's own VLAN, or can it "ride" the existing IP VLAN's?
> If IPX gets mapped to it's own VLAN, how do you assign a physical
> port to multiple VLAN's (ie., IP and IPX), inlight of the fact that
> some of the end devices have multiple protocol stacks configured?

IPX and Appletalk will follow the IP VLAN.  However, at the router port,
you must define subinterfaces for the various IPX encapsulations.  I've
not done this as we use only one IPX frame format.  If you are routing
using a trunk, I don't know if you can have multiple encapsulations
since you need subinterfaces to define
the VLANs (perhaps you can, and just configure IPX on the additional
ones).

>From the switch perspective, it's all one VLAN and one port, same as it
would be with a router port.

Jeff Kell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>